We are often asked here at Mapit
‘Do I have time left to pass the exam?’
The truth is that a student who spends lots of time studying and knows the syllabus inside out but hasn’t practiced enough questions will always do worse than a last minute studier who covers the syllabus quickly and then concentrates on question practice because they work smart.
Why is this the case?
• They will know how the examiner asks the questions
• They will learn how to apply their knowledge – which is what ACCA want
• They will get an idea of what is likely to come up in the exam
• They have EXPERIENCE of the exam situation
• They are making the most of the BASIC knowledge required to pass
For example, if you read lots of books about marathon running and practice lots of short 1 mile runs for even 2 years leading up to the day of a marathon will you be able to run the marathon?…
…of course not, so why would you think that trying illustrations from a textbook would enable you to pass the exam?
So the answer to the question ‘Do I have time left to pass the exam?’ is usually yes…if you work smart…oh and it’s not the day before:)
Oh and don’t forget to find out more about our courses here: